Rolled & Told Volume 1 is a brilliant RPG guide, giving new and experienced players a novel approach to entering a new roleplaying universe. It’s fully comprehensive, giving a detailed story, intricate villains, and settings that will excite and challenge. A few highlights:
- Detailed campaigns with background information and coordinated artifacts, villains, and conclusions
- A bevy of creatures and creations including a chocolate golem, a horde of ogres and a pack of gnomes, to name a few
- A good variety of indoor and outdoor settings from villages to mountain passes to dungeons
- Beautifully drawn companion maps, each in a different style related to the story
- Short comic panels to kick off the mission and inspire the player’s imaginations pre-game
- A complete guide for new dungeon masters with tips and tricks in an easy to understand format
This is a great roleplaying guide. For beginners, it’s a way to learn how to interact with these games and get the most enjoyment out of the events. For experienced players, it’s a quick campaign that doesn’t require days of planning. Let the fun begin!
Rolled & Told: Volume 1
By Eric Thomas, Tristan J. Tarwater, Anne Toole, Josephine Yanasak
Published by Lion Forge
NOTE: I was provided a free copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for my honest, unbiased review.